Sunday, October 25, 2015

Putting parenting in perspective

As parents we all go through those times where we are thinking..."Yes, I've got this!"  Then there are the days when we wonder if we are doing anything right...you know, the days when we only hope that our kids are better behaved at school than they are in a particular moment, or the days when we wish we invested in soundproof walls do the neighbors wouldn't hear us.  In the midst of some of those times lately, I've found myself praying that God will use those times to teach me and help me make the best of those struggles.

While I thought in my own feeble mind that those prayers would somehow turn me into Supermom and life would be smooth sailing, I'm Instead finding these moments to be more of a reflection on who I am or how I am as a child of God...boy, I still have a lot of "growing up" to do!  

So I am going to start sharing the lessons God is teaching me as I pray each day to learn from the parenting struggles.  And I'm also continuing to give myself grace, both as a parent and as a child, because I'm confident in knowing that He who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it.  And finally, I'm celebrating my role as a mom (both on the good days and on the tough days) because it truly is a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment